Friday, March 5, 2010

Refief Society Birthday

I LOVE the fact that I belong to the largest womens organization in the world!  The ladies of the LDS Relief Society in my ward are awesome!  When I got the phone call and was asked to make the cake for the Relief Society birthday party, I was heartbroken and excited all at the same time.  I had WAY overloaded myself with cakes and was just not sure how I was going to do it.  Maybe I would have someone else do the baking and I would decorate.  Well then my BFF/baker decided it was time to have her baby, just kidding. ;-)~ It was ok of course and it wasn't too complicated of a cake. I really enjoyed this one.
Marks words when he came home and opened the fridge to see it were "Holy Cow!" I obviously impressed him and that made me feel really good!
Dark chocolate fudge cake with chocolate ganache and fresh strawberries between each layer, covered with a chocolate cream cheese/butter cream frosting and garnished with huge chocolate dipped strawberries. YUMMY!!! I was so happy I was able to eat this one! The Relief Society seal was edible and done in sugar paper.  I found out at the party, that the relief society president herself did not want the seal on the cake. Oops! But everyone seemed to enjoy it and she told me that was the cake she wanted for her next birthday, minus the seal.
March 4,2010

2 comments:

Bob and Sandy said...

I'm so jealous that I'm not in your ward. Our R.S. doesn't ever do anything so gorgeous. Yummy.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm putting in my order. THAT looks delicious. I'm sure it was. GREAT job, Katy. You are amazing. mom