Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Oldies but Goodies

Being as I am on a self-appointed "cake hiatus" and am not planning on returning until the twins' 3rd birthday, I thought this may be a good time to post a few of the cakes I made in the past... before the blog.

The Pooh Bear cake was for Kendra's 1st birthday.  Gotta go chocolate all the way...makes for better "first time cake" pictures. :-) Raspberries around the edge, her personal fav at the time!
This was a Birthday cake for my Grandma a few years back. It was a spice cake with pumpkin pie ice cream in the middle, a cream cheese/butter cream frosting and dark chocolate cut outs.  It also had some gingersnaps crumbled around the edges.  This would have been a VERY yummy cake, however it was my first attempt at an ice cream filling and I didn't give it long enough to set up.  It made a real mess when it was cut in to!  But it was pretty before.
The Lady Bug cake was for Kendra's 2nd birthday. She had a fun party with all her little friends and was also a lady bug for Halloween that year.

I think part of me wanted to have kids so I could make birthday cakes and Halloween costumes! :-) This was the first year Kendra had 2 birthday cakes.  (that has almost become a tradition now)  The Princess castle was for her "friend" birthday party.  I was a mess that day as I had 5 month old twins at the time!!   But that didn't mean Kendra didn't deserve a rockin party (insert my BFF to the rescue) ~ maybe she was even more deserving that year as I had just turned her world upside down by bring two new babies into it.  It's possible the TWO cakes was my way of compensating?  The second, crayon box, cake was funny, because I have pictures of me decorating that with a baby on my hip!  Both were fun to make.  I had no idea I would taking cake decorating so seriously 2 1/2 years later!  Good times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten about the ladybug cake. It is so cute and you are so clever. Love it!