Friday, March 5, 2010

Blue and Gold Scout Cakes

A friend called and asked if I could help her makes some cakes for the Cub Scouts Blue and Gold dinner.  Since I had WAY OVER LOADED myself this month, I said yes but only if she could do all the leg work for me.  I didn't know I was going to get the flu the day before I was to start baking.  I did get healthy fast but even just the baking and decorating was still a challenge having just done the HUGE wedding cake.  Not to mention this was only one of 6 jobs I was doing in less than four weeks. (that is a lot for a fulltime Momma of 3)  I will NOT be doing that to myself again!!  The Cub Scouts liked them and in the end, that made all the stress worth it.  It was a special Blue and Gold to me as my nephew was getting his arrow of light that night.  This was a large order for about 80+ people.  It was 3 11x11x2 inch chocolate cakes, one for each badge, Wolf, Bear and Webelos.  Then a golden vanilla 1/2 sheet decorated as a scouting shirt and a hat added at the last minute to make sure we had enough cake.  Each cake is covered in chocolate butter cream and then with marshmallow fondant and I used food coloring markers to write the words and draw the faces of the bear and wolf badges and several things on the scout shirt too. 
A HUGE thanks goes to my sister-in-law for this one! I could NOT have done this without her!!! Love ya Jules.
February 25, 2010

No comments: