Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Love Story!

My grandparents just celebrated their 61st wedding anniversary!  Wow, that is a long time!  My Mom called me and asked if I would do the cake.  I was almost in tears!  I was SO "caked out"!  If there was anyone I wanted to do a cake for it was my family.  I had just done like a million cakes in the blink of an eye, and my creative juices were all washed out!  I had no idea what to do for this cake.  Finally at the last minute I pulled this out.  "A 61 Year Love Story"  I had their wedding picture printed on sugar paper and made a very simple book cake using their two favorite cake flavors, spice and dark chocolate.  I covered it with a cream cheese butter cream and added the first initial (in my grandma's favorite color) of every person that was "made" because these two people fell in love 61 years ago.  My family started with Jack & Jeanneane Lake on March 4, 1949. They made Linda, Carol and Carl, and in turn they made Jennifer, Jason, Ryan, Katy and Kimberly, who eventually made Tyler, Lucas, Everett, Isabella, Kendra, Kayne, Avalon, Travis and Trevor.  This was a chance to do something very personal. I would LOVE the opportunity to "make up" for this one, but it did turn out OK and really tasted very yummy!  That spice cake with the cream cheese...yikes and wowzers!!
Happy anniversary Grandma and Granddad.  I love you.
March 6, 2010

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you put these pictures on the blog too. I had heard about several of them, but never saw them. They look great and probably tasted even better.

Anonymous said...

YOU did an awesome cake, as I knew you would. Our family is very special and unique and you showed that here. A love story that touches us all. And we ate every bite ... it was delicious! love you, mom