Monday, February 15, 2010

Purses 1 & 2

In an effort to try and get all the past cakes I have done on this blog I am combining a few.  These are both purses.  They are totally different events and times.
Purse #1
A while back this guy that works with my Mom needed a cake made that  described his new wife.  She is a Mom of many but still like classy things.  He wanted a "Coach" purse with "Mom" things falling out of it. Well me not being a very "classy Mom" I had no idea what a Coach purse was, so I had to do a little research. Then I just thought of what falls out of my own purse as a Mom of many!  The cake was a white cake with strawberry filling (as requested) with mostly butter cream frosting.  Each of the C's (that partially define a coach purse) are painstakingly hand painted on with butter cream frosting. The phone, lip stick, crayons, pacifier and fish crackers are all made from fondant, as well as the "COACH" tag and pure handle. This was definitely the beginnings of my fondant work. Oh what a door that opened for me!
This was only the 2nd cake I was paid for and still very unsure what to charge for it. I think Mark did the math for me & I made something like less than a dollar an hour for all the time I put into it.  But that didn't matter to me at the time.  I just had so much fun doing it!!  He recently called me back and ordered a baby shower cake (and gave me a MUCH larger budget).  Keep checking the blog to see that one at the end of February.
September 2009
60

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Purse #2

This cake was more recent and was for a VERY good friend of mine. It was her baby shower and the cakes were intended to look like the invitation. These were all chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream under that pink and green fondant. These were SOOO YuMmY!!! I hope all the cakes I have made for people taste like this one did! Again there was a lot of learning done on this cake but I still liked how they turned out. I cant wait to hold that baby!!
February 2010

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The 'Coach Bag' idea was awesome. Both look good enough to eat! mom