Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Score! He turnes 4!

This was for my nephews 4th birthday.  A sports theam.... Baseballs, dodgeballs, basketballs, footballs, soccer balls and tenis balls.  It was one week after I had surgery so I had my sister help by doing all the shopping and even come over one day to make all the fondant.
The twist on this cake was that she wanted a "big" cake but didn't need to feed a lot of people, so the bottom (basketball) tier is not cake, it is styrophome covered in fondant.  This was a first for me and it worked out GREAT!  I will deffinately reccomend that in the future.  Although it did cost a little more in product, it saved me big time in labor.
The top tier (baseball) was lemon cake with lemon buttercream, at the birthday boy's request.  The second tier (dodgeball) was dark chocolate fudge with chocolate creamcheese butter cream.
 May 30,2010
35

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so clever...creative...artistic... smart & it looks yummy.

Anonymous said...

It was w o n d e r f u l and delicious! mom